We had the pleasure of welcoming Glyn and Barrie from Derbyshire Veterans Group HQ onto our Breakfast show with Hannah Owen.
Derbyshire Veterans Group is a group open to all Veterans/ Ex-Military who have drug, alcohol and mental health issues.
They meet at Hope Springs Recovery Centre, Chesterfield on a weekly basis.
The group’s aim is to support each other in the following ways:
- To provide a safe and secure environment to openly discuss any issues in confidence.
- To signpost Veterans to relevant support agencies and information.
- Peer led support with recovery or manage conditions.
- Hold activities and excursions to help combat isolation.
- Provide support and advice to Veteran families and relatives.
Derbyshire Veterans Group is run by veterans for veterans, so are best placed to understand the needs of an individual while bridging the gap veterans seeking help may find difficult.
Derbyshire Veterans Group choose a partnership approach to support veterans, through Hope Springs Recovery Centre (HSRC) a dedicated centre with facilities, personnel, volunteers, activities and experience, and the ‘Stand To’, project, a dedicated alcohol service for Derbyshires Ex-Forces community.
To find our more about the services they offer visit the link below